Entrance in the Palace of Pena only with previously booked date and time
When purchasing your ticket to the Park and National Palace of Pena, you must now choose the day and time at which you want to visit the Palace.
This type of access means:
- you can enter the Palace at the scheduled time;
- you have more time to visit all all that is included in the ticket: the Park, the Palace and the Chalet of the Countess of Edla.
Plan your visit ahead according to the time slot you booked and follow our recommendations:
Recommendations for your visit to the Park and Palace of Pena
- Calculate the duration of your journey to Pena well. Please note that access to Pena from the Historic Center of Sintra is not possible by private car. Plan your trip, considering the various options: public transport or walking routes. You can see the different options on our "How to get there" section of this site.
- The time indicated on your ticket corresponds to the time of entry in the Palace and not to the time of entry in the Park. The Palace is located inside the Park of Pena, on top of a hill, which means that, after validating your ticket at the entrance to the Park, you still have to walk to the Palace. If you cannot make this journey on foot, there is a small transfer available at the main entrance of the Park, which takes you to the Palace (you must have purchased a ticket for this transport in advance). Regardless of the way you travel between the entrance to the Park and the Palace, bear in mind that it takes around 30 minutes to travel between these two points.
- The ticket is valid for just one entry into the enclosure.
- If you arrive at the Palace before the time you booked, you will not be able to enter. You should only go to the Palace entrance at the scheduled time. Take the opportunity to visit the Park of Pena, the largest arboretum in Portugal, which contains numerous botanical collections and points of interest to discover, in addition to the Chalet of the Countess od Edla. These access conditions allow you to make the most of your time in Pena: instead of spending time in the queue to access the Palace, you can visit everything your ticket includes.
- When heading to the Palace within the time slot you booked, have your ticket ready.
- If you arrive at the Palace of Pena after the time slot you booked, you will not be able to enter and your ticket cannot be refunded (see the general sales conditions here). Plan your trip ahead, to ensure you do not get late.
Buy yout ticket online with a 5% discount
In addition to benefiting from a discount when buying your ticket online, you save time in accessing the Park of Pena, as you will not have to spend time queuing at the ticket office.
When is the best time to visit the Palace of Pena?
The afternoon is, at the moment, the time of day when the Palace of Pena has fewer visitors, which provides a more relaxed visit. Consider scheduling your Palace visit for the afternoon and using the morning to discover the Park!