Image capture and request
As Parques de Sintra is responsible not only for the conservation of the heritage, but also for its image and memory, in the parks and monuments under the company's management, two image capture regimes are in force, depending on the purpose for which the resulting images are intended:
General image capture policy
In the parks and monuments managed by Parques de Sintra, authorisation is granted only for the taking of pictures (photography and video) of the general environments for private usage in accordance with the following conditions:
- The usage of a tripod is forbidden apart from in exceptional cases following prior written authorisation from Parques de Sintra;
- For reasons related to the safety of people and property, the use of drones or any type of remotely operated equipment is not allowed.
- The use of flash or any other type of artificial light is also not allowed in indoor spaces where image capture is possible;
- The taking of pictures is never to enter into conflict with: a) any eventual stipulations to the contrary indicated by signs and signposts; b) any eventual indications to the contrary by park or monument member of staff; c) special security needs and the conservation of fixed and portable assets.
- Professional photography is not allowed.
- Photographs and videos are allowed in the Nora Patio without the use of flash; they are however not allowed in the Henrique Calado Riding Ring.
- It is not allowed to capture images inside the National Palace of Pena.
The utilisation of such pictures for any purposes not considered legal within the scope of private usage, specifically for commercial or public ends, is forbidden and requires prior authorisation from Parques de Sintra and correspondingly subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the Exceptional image capture policy.
Exceptional image capture policy
The Exceptional Image Capture policy applies to any and all cases that go beyond the scope regulated by the General Image Capture Regime, namely, for commercial or public ends, regardless of the purposes of the collected images.
It requires prior authorization from Parques de Sintra and is subject to the Terms and Conditions contained in the "Regulation of image capture in the areas managed by Parques de Sintra", which can be consulted on this page.
Requests must be made 15 working days in advance, using the form below. Requests must contain all information necessary for their analysis, namely:
- Identification of the entity requesting authorization
- Detailed description of the content of the images and their intended purpose (including synopsis, script and/or storyboard);
- Identification of the exact locations required;
- Intended date and time and expected duration for the work;
- Detailed description of the material to be used;
- Number of people involved in the production;
- Number and typology of vehicles involved in production;
- Special production needs or characteristics (reservation of spaces for make-up, wardrobe or meals, use of energy points, use of Parques de Sintra material or equipment, etc.);
- Contacts of the entity and person responsible for the request.
Providing this information is essential for the analysis of the logistical and communicational impact of the image capture, and requests that do not contain these elements cannot be considered.
Parques de Sintra reserves the right to refuse requests to capture images in the areas under its management if such capture conflicts with the dignity of the spaces involved, proves to be incompatible with the programming and/or visitation of the spaces or raises conservation and/or security issues.