As Parques de Sintra is responsible not only for the conservation of the heritage, but also for its image and memory, in the parks and monuments under the company's management, two image capture regimes are in force, depending on the purpose for which the resulting images are intended:
General regime fot the taking of pictures
In the parks and monuments managed by Parques de Sintra, authorisation is granted only for the taking of pictures (photography and video) of the general environments for private usage in accordance with the following conditions:
- The usage of a tripod is forbidden apart from in exceptional cases following prior written authorisation from Parques de Sintra;
- For reasons related to the safety of people and property, the use of drones or any type of remotely operated equipment is not allowed.
- The use of flash or any other type of artificial light is also not allowed in indoor spaces where image capture is possible;
- The taking of pictures is never to enter into conflict with: a) any eventual stipulations to the contrary indicated by signs and signposts; b) any eventual indications to the contrary by park or monument member of staff; c) special security needs and the conservation of fixed and portable assets.
- It is not allowed to capture images in the Henrique Calado Riding Ring.
- It is not allowed to capture images inside the National Palace of Pena.
The utilisation of such pictures for any purposes not considered legal within the scope of private usage, specifically for commercial or public ends, is forbidden and requires prior authorisation from Parques de Sintra and correspondingly subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the Exceptional Regime for the taking of pictures.
Exceptional regime for the taking of pictures
The Exceptional Image Capture Regime applies to any and all cases that go beyond the scope regulated by the General Image Capture Regime, namely, for commercial or public ends, including professional photography and/or video, even when taken free of charge and regardless of the purposes of the collected images. Ir requires prior written authorization from Parques de Sintra.
Requests must be made using the form below. The analysis of requests requires 10 working days, after sending all the necessary information, such as:
- The entity/person requesting authorisation;
- Description of the image capture (including synopsis/detailed description and script);
- Primary goals of the image capture (purposes);
- Means of dissemination of the images;
- Intended locations for the image capture;
- Intended date and time and duration of the period for the image capture;
- Type(s) of material in usage;
- Number of team members;
- Special needs or characteristics;
- Contact details.
Providing this information is essential for the analysis of the logistical and communicational impact of the image capture, and requests that do not contain these elements cannot be considered.
Parques de Sintra reserves the right to refuse requests to capture images in the sites under its management, based on criteria for preserving the heritage and safeguarding its historical memory.
In the case of approval of the ringequest for authorisation to take pictures for commercial or public consumption and/or in exceptional conditions, the Requester remains obliged to respect the specifically agreed terms and conditions whilst also always in compliance with the following conditions:
- The utilisation of the pictures taken is restricted to the specific scope for which authorisation was duly granted.
- During the taking of pictures, the Requester is to comply with the following rules: 1) not disturbing the normal functioning of the parks and monuments; 2) not interfering with visits or disturb visitors in the area in question; 3) not utilising equipment that disturbs the normal routes through the parks and built heritage; 4) not leaving material or rubbish on the site; 5) respect all safety and security rules; 6) complying with the instructions given by park or monument members of staff.
Under any circumstances, Parques de Sintra declines any responsibility for any theft or damage to photographic or filming equipment brought on site by the Requester.