Road closures and traffic restrictions in Sintra on the day of the “End of Europe” Race
22 Jan 2024
On Sunday 28 January, the 33rd edition of the “End of Europe” Race will take place in Sintra. The competitive athletics event, which this year has already exceeded 2,000 entrants, starts at the Volta do Duche, at 10 am, and ends at Cabo da Roca, at 1 pm. Holding this event within the municipality involves road closures and traffic restrictions that affect access to parks and monuments managed by Parques de Sintra, with the exception of the National Palace of Queluz.
Therefore, on this day, everyone who is planning visits to the National Palace of Sintra, the Park and National Palace of Pena, the Chalet of the Countess of Edla, the Moorish Castle, the Park and Palace of Monserrate or the Convent of the Capuchos, must take into account the following traffic hold-ups and restrictions:
- Road closure at the Town Hall – Volta do Duche (access to the National Palace of Sintra) between 8:00 am and 11:30 am;
- Restricted traffic in the Seteais area and road closure from 8:00 am;
- Road closure on Estrada da Pena between 8:00 am and 11:30 am;
- Restricted traffic on Estrada Nacional no. 247 between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm;
- Road closure on the access road to Cabo da Roca from 6:00 am to 1:30 pm.
Full information can be found on the Sintra City Council website: https://cm-sintra.pt/atualidade/desporto/aviso-corrida-fim-da-europa-origina-corte-e-condicionamento-de-transito