How to get there
There are hicking trails signposted between the historic centre and the National Palace of Pena.
– Santa Maria Trail (Casa INFO > Moorish Castle/Pena; 1770 metres, 1 hour)
– Lapa Trail (Casa INFO > Pena; 1450 metres, 45 minutes)
– Seteais Trail (Seteais > Pena/Moorish Castle; 2410 metres, 1½ hours)
– Vila Sassetti Trail (Historic Centre/Largo Ferreira de Castro > Pena/Moorish Castle; 1850 metrres, 45 minutes)
If driving to Sintra, take the IC19 (from Lisbon), IC30 (from Mafra) or EN9 (turning off the A5 motorway to Cascais).
When you arrive in the town’s historic centre, you’ll see a vertical sign showing the way to Pena (3.5 km).
38º 47’ 16.45” N 9º 23’ 15.35” W
Lisbon > Sintra
By train (CP) – Take the Sintra Line
• Estação do Oriente
• Estação do Rossio
• Estação de Entrecampos
Sintra (historic centre) > National Palace of Pena
By bus (Scotturb)
• From Sintra Train Station – Pena Circuit
From Sintra, take Scotturb bus No. 434, which runs from the railway station to the Palace of Pena.